im so pro-selfie like there are so many bigger problems in the world than girls who think theyre pretty
one of those problems is girls who dont think theyre pretty
Tagged by my girl puella-absurd!
Always post the rules.
Answer the questions from the person who tagged you.
Write 11 new ones.
Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Actually tell them you tagged them.
1) what is your favorite curse or swear word to say when disgruntled? I’m a really big fan of saying only the first letter of a curse word. I think it’s funny. So I say “F!” a lot. I also say “God FUCKING damnit!” a lot in my head when I’m playing Candy Crush.
2) what is your favorite gift that you have given to someone? My sister spencerfeds and I like to get each other these big gift bags filled with lots of little gifts for birthdays (and just-because times) and they are the most fun thing to shop for and receive.
3) what is the last song or album you listened to? Ingrid Michaelson’s new album Lights Out is excellent!
4) where do you get your news from? The Daily Show, twitter, and tumblr. :)
5) do you have any fun nicknames that friends/family/strangers have given you? Lots of people call me Ty, my parents and sisters call me Tylie sometimes, my dad calls me Tay, and many of my college pals called me T-Fed.
6) what color are the walls of your room, and would you change the color? Most of my apartment is ballet pink (like pale peachy pink) and it is the best thing ever, really cozy and comforting. I have no plans to change it any time soon.
7) what is/are your most prized possession(s)? Old photos and trinkets (I am v. sentimental), the heirloom blue vase with flowers on it that used to be my mom’s and before that belonged to my great grandma Freida who I am Hebrew-named for, my mom’s fancy perfume and jewelry, my baby blanket, my Princess Diaries books collection (and my computer duh).
8) if you could go back and do your life over (having knowledge of what happened previously), would you go back? if so, at what age would you begin your do over? Sometimes I feel like I have to mourn the part of my life that I lost to anxiety and depression. My life was so empty in high school and for most of college I felt like I had to hide who I was. I’m just starting to figure things out now, so I don’t even really feel like I have enough knowledge at this point to go back and relive things. But I do wish I could give my 12-year-old self a hug and tell her it’s okay to be shy and that she will be loved someday. (I wish someone could tell me that now, really.)
9) what is your favorite “guilty pleasure” song to listen to? You all know how I feel about “guilty pleasures,” but man do I listen to a lot of showtunes. My neighbors must think there’s something wrong with me. ;)
10) what is one of your favorite quirks about yourself? I like my sense of humor and long eyelashes.
11) what’s your go-to adult beverage? if you don’t consume alcohol, what’s your go-to fancy drink? I am a big fan of hard cider and most kinds of wine (not Manischewitz though ew ew), but now that I’m on anxiety medication, alcohol puts me right to sleep, so I’m sticking to water with lemon (unless I am literally on the couch in my PJs and then wine it is!).
and my questions are:
1. What age do you feel?
2. How often do you paint your nails, if ever?
3. How do you pronounce pecan?
4. What do you think about before you fall asleep?
5. What do you wish you knew how to do?
6. When you were in kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. Do you shower in the morning or at night? Or some other time of day? Or never?
8. What’s your favorite type of flower or plant?
9. What’s your secret talent?
10. What is your history of orthodontia?
11. How are you doing today? Honestly?
I am too wiped out to tag specific people right now, but if you want to answer some questions, GO FOR IT!
sticks and stones may break my bones but words constitute my entire existence and my ability to meaningfully interact with the universe because we live in a textual reality in which everything is constructed and coded by language there is no escaping the symbolic dimensions of it there is nothing outside the text there is nothing outside the text there is nothing outside the text